CommonSpirit Health Nurse Outpatient Oncology Infusion in TACOMA, Washington
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S., from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
As a leader of Pacific Northwest Healthcare, CHI Franciscan Health utilizes advanced medical technologies and therapies. CHI Franciscan possesses a robust Oncology Service line that recently received accreditation by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. In 2015 we received a special commendation for our nursing education program and support of certification in oncology nursing. We are one of the largest, most comprehensive providers of expert cancer care in the Puget Sound.
Our Oncology Department has four infusion clinics that are staffed wholly by RN’s. Our care team is made up of skilled surgeons, medical and radiation oncologist, nurse navigators and other oncology experts. We are most proud of our compassionate and exceptional quality care.
What We Have To Offer To You:
• Professional specialty team with over 50% of our nurses possess Oncology Certification.
• Highly collegial team
• Faith-based culture with commitment to our Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence where we value positive team players
• Opportunity to work in an organization based upon quality and patient-centered care
• 8 hour shifts
• Financial support for specialty certifications
• Tuition assistance for advanced degrees
• Opportunities for career growth within the growing and highly successful CHI Franciscan Health system
• Competitive wages, incentives and a generous employee benefits program
You will provide care to oncology/hematology/various infusion patients. Implementing and assessing the patient plan of care in collaboration with physicians, interdisciplinary teams and the patient and family.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred
• One year of related work experience is preferred
• Current Washington State Licensure as a Registered Nurse is required
• Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification
• Chemotherapy/Biotherapy certification preferred.
• Certification in Oncology nursing preferred.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities (https://careers-commonspirit.icims.com/connect?back=intro&in_iframe=1&hashed=-435626305) to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Requisition ID 2020-136248
Facility CHI Franciscan St. Joseph Medical Center
Employment Type Part Time
Department Outpatient Infusion Center
Hours / Pay Period 64
Standard Hours 8 am - 4:30 pm
Work Schedule 8 Hour
Equal Opportunity CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.